Monday, June 30, 2008

Why Teaching Preschool is for Me.

Maybe I could think of something to write when I blog about it first. So here..

Why is preschool teaching for me?

Well, why not? First of all, I have a 1 year old boy so I speak from experience. I may not have taught in preschool before but I have taught am teaching my son. I teach him to count, to recognize colors, to speak, to know what's right and what's wrong, and lots of other things. We also sing nursery rhymes and read books at home. I am my son's teacher and I will always be (even when the time comes when he'll have lots of other teachers in school).

But what differs me from all the other mommies out there? Well, first, I am dedicated. I am dedicated to learn. The students will learn from me, but I will also learn from them.We will learn together. It's like a two way thing. I have experience with my son and I will apply it in school, I will learn from school and I will apply it to my son. It's a win-win situation really.

Another thing that differs me from others is that I share Toddlers Unlimited's Vision. I want my son and everyone else to enjoy going to school. And by that, we should let them learn by discovering and experience things on their own (like playing). If we give them books to memorize and worksheets to answer, then the lessons will probably not stick. Unlike if they experience it, then they will never forget it, and they would probably understand it better, than memorizing it and not asking anymore questions.

And before I forget, I love Children. I enjoy talking to them and playing with them. Feels like I am a kid too. I can be silly with them, but be a friend and a confidante to them.

It's a nice feeling when you know that you have fed their minds with valuable information and know that they really have processed this information. Being a teacher doesn't mean you just teach them math, science or art but you teach them values and I know I am a good role model to them. It's also nice when they look forward to seeing their teacher everyday, and I'll make sure that they would.

Being a teacher is the most important job in the world. Imagine you are who mold the children into the person they will be when they grow up. It's a great responsibility and I am more than happy to do it. Nothing can take away the joy of being a preschool teacher, and I would love to experience that.

0 comments: