Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Essence of Motherhood

This is for PMC's weeklyfest (Week 2: June 1 - June 6, 2008 - PHOTO SHOOT!! - MOTHERHOOD )

Participants will be given a freebie and the winners will receive prizes out of the generosity of MOMEMO

Mommy Cara and Baby Mikel


This was the first time I saw my baby. The first time I carried a baby. I was a new Mom and I don't really know much about babies, haven't even held one before. I was really nervous about it but my excitement overpowered everything else. This very moment was very magical to me. And I don't think any words can explain how much this moment changed and moved me.

The story behind it:
I didn't see Mikel until the 2nd day where I got up and walked all the way to the Nursery to inform the nurses that I wanted to see my little angel. Mikel was born thru C-Section so my tummy was really aching, but I just had to see him and I was willing to take all the pain to see my baby boy. That's the true essence of Motherhood, you'd give everything up, you'd sacrifice all just for your baby. And to think that this is the 1st (or 2nd) day as a mommy and already I portrayed the essence of Motherhood.

3 comments:

Unknownsaid...

Indeed, you're a true Mom now...

Anonymoussaid...

yes its true sacrifice in behalf of someone you love..

Anonymoussaid...

forget about the pain...it's all about love.